Ribbon of Worth is dedicated to supporting individual and community wellness by strengthening self-worth through love and learning.
Worth is a core certainty for everyone. It is the foundation for personal power. It promotes the necessary self-evaluation of a person, as important enough, to act on his/her own behalf. Worth is inherent in every individual and can be remembered and restored as an individual strength with knowledge, patience and practice through using the Four Pillars.
What is an individual (core) strength: ...the exercise of a signature strength is fulfilling... it is linked to the individual's sense of self and identity.. it produces a desirable outcome and yet is morally valued in its own right. (Material from Character Strengths and Virtues Handbook with some adaptation.)
Self-awareness, Self-respect, Self-esteem and Self-confidence are the Four Pillars (evidences) of self-worth.
"The self is a style of being, continually expanding in a vital process of definition, affirmation, revision, and growth, a process that is the image, may we say, of the life process of a healthy society itself." -Robert Penn Warren
How can remembering my self-worth help me?
Self-worth is real and within you right now. You are either living from it, trying to prove it exists, moving against it, or afraid that it doesn't exist.
Learning more about this means: You will be better able to live openly, honestly, and freely ...and will no longer feel a need to prove yourself to others.
Self-worth both affects and is affected by what we describe as the Four Pillars of Worth: Self-awareness, Self-esteem, Self-respect and Self-confidence.
Understanding the concepts of these pillars better means that you will know, support and promote within yourself the key attributes of the Four Pillars which accurately mirror your self-worth. Cultivating awareness will help you have insight into how you have and use esteem, respect and courage in your own life.
Our unique definitions of the Four Pillars of Worth are as follows:
1. Worth-based Self-awareness: the ability to see and to know when you move with or against your worth. It is simply watching yourself and learning. (I can know myself)
2. Worth-based Self-esteem: the experience of giving, receiving and growing your love for yourself. (I can grow (love) myself)
3. Worth-based Self-respect: the practice of protecting self-worth from being devalued by our own mistakes and from the abuse of others.
4. Worth-based Self-confidence: the courage to express self-worth and to show-up for yourself. (I can show who I am)
I. So Worthy App. is in development now.
- So Worthy Apptivity Book (Coming in 2020).
II. Counseling and coaching with Ribbon of Worth basics for a healthier work and personal life. (See our Counselors page)
III. Join our Facebook community, Ribbon of Worth/Fb, to share ideas about self-worth.